Continuing to the Microsoft Release 2020 features (Previous post: Kanban View feature)
Let’s learn about another new feature which make the users life easy while selecting the template.
- This feature is available in the Unified Interface only.
- This capability is available in Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise and Dynamics 365 Sales Professional.
We have seen in sales organizations that when CRM is implemented, then there are multiple scenario where users need to select templates for notifying there customers.
Then comes a situation where user needs to decide which available template to select and most relevant one. Before wave 1 release 2020, user didn’t had the option to view the template body of the selected template without being redirected to another screen.
Let’s jump and demonstrate the feature.
- Go to Email template
- Provide the customer name to whom the email needs to be sent
- Click on Insert Template button on the ribbon
Now, user will get the access to list of all available email templates from which user needs to scroll and find the most relevant one among them.
This feature helps the user to look on the template content on the same screen and make decisions while selecting the template.
- Hit the Apply template button.
Now, we see that the selected email template Subject and mail body has been auto-populated under the email activity.
Hope this post helps in understanding the email template feature.