What is Power BI?
Power BI is a cloud based Data Visualization and Business Intelligence tool which help the users to read the data from different data source. It is a collection of services, apps, and connectors that work together to turn your unrelated sources of data into a unified logical format, visually immersive, and interactive insights.
Why Power BI?
Power BI allows quick and easy insight into the data which helps in developing interactive dashboard and reports. User can connect to the data whenever and wherever they want for analyzing and visualizing data.
Ways to use Power BI
- Power BI Service (Interactive Data Visualization BI Tools)
- Power BI Desktop (Desktop Version)
Let’s get started with Power BI using its desktop version. The reports created within Power BI Desktop can be publish directly from the Desktop application to Power BI Service.
Tasks which can be performed using the Power BI suite:
- Can get the data from different data sources.
- User can establish a relationship between the data for enriching their data model.
- Data can be visualized in many different format like Bar and column charts, Cards, Area charts, Gauge charts, Funnel charts, KPI’s, Maps, Tables, Matrix etc.
- Publish the report.